Information for oral presentations
If your paper has been scheduled for oral presentation, we kindly ask you to adhere to the following instructions:
- Your presentation should last no longer than 10-12 minutes. A 15-minute time slot has been allocated for each presentation to allow time for questions and discussion after the talk. Session chairs will be instructed to rigorously enforce this schedule. Duration of Keynote presentation is 35 minutes, duration of Invited presentation is 25 minutes for speech.
- Please use either Microsoft Powerpoint (.ppt or .pptx) or PDF format for your presentation. Aspect ratios of either 4:3 or 16:9 are supported.
- Please bring your presentation on a USB memory stick, and ensure it has been uploaded to our system no later than 15 minutes prior to the start of your session. One of our local organizers can upload your in one of the presentation rooms. Coffee/lunch breaks are ideal opportunities to do this.
- A laptop connected to a projector will be available in all presentation rooms. We discourage presenters from bringing their own laptop to minimize breaks between papers.
- Please be at the presentation room 10 minutes before session starts and introduce yourself to the session chairs.
Information for poster presentations
If your paper has been scheduled for poster presentation, we kindly ask you to adhere to the following instructions:
- Your poster should summarize your paper concisely and attractively to help publicise it and generate discussion.
- Posters must be A0 portrait size, i.e. height — 1189mm, width — 841mm. We discourage presenters from constructing their poster from multiple A4 or A3 sheets.
- Please mount your poster only onto the poster board with the number corresponding to your paper ID. The fixings to the poster boards will be provided.
- You must be available beside your poster during your allocated poster session to present and discuss your work with interested delegates
- Prior to posters viewing (Poster session), there will be an opportunity to introduce your work to Conference participants for 2 minutes using 2 slides during the posters presentation session. This is an opportunity to maximize highlight the essence of your work and attract delegates to your poster. Please inform us if you would not like to participate in the 2 minute/2 slide section.
- We recommend you mount your poster at the start of the conference and leave it mounted for the duration of the conference.
The UWBUSIS-2018 conference logo is available to download in a variety of formats if you wish to use it in your oral or poster presentation.
You can also use the following conference logos for your presentations.
|UWBUSIS 2018 logo for light background|
|UWBUSIS 2018 logo for dark background|
Please download UWBUSIS-2016 Paper Template and use it to create your paper. Regular manuscripts are recommended to be at least 4 pages. Invited papers are recommended to be at least 6 pages.